In this video, we talk about a poll ranking the best mega twists in movies.
This video contains spoilers!
That being said, it contains spoilers to movies that are older. Some of which are decades old. Others of which are known twists. I don’t think this video will make your movie watching worse. If you don’t know about the twists in The Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects by this point, you’re a magician.
For this episode of the 11 Points Countdown, I’m joined by Patrick Epino and Stephen Dypiangco of the National Film Society. We all mostly know all of the movies we talk about.
As always, if you enjoy the episode, please do take a moment to subscribe to the YouTube channel. Sincere thanks!
Here are the full results of the poll. There are spoilers in here too, so, again, tread carefully…
- Fight Club – Ed Norton is Tyler Durden
- Empire Strikes Back – Darth Vader is Luke’s father
- Sixth Sense – Bruce Willis is dead the whole time
- Planet of the Apes (1968) – It was Earth all along
- Usual Suspects – Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Soze
- The Prestige – Hugh Jackman clones himself, Christian Bale has a twin
- Memento – Guy Pierce’s wife made him kill her
- Shutter Island – Leo DiCaprio isn’t investigating the mental hospital, he’s a patient
- Inception – It all may’ve been fake (or not)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grain – takes place in modern times
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – Finkel is Einhorn
- A Beautiful Mind – None of Russell Crowe’s friends are real
- Saw – Jigsaw has been the “dead” guy all along
- Psycho – Norman dresses up as his mother
- Soylent Green – made of people
- Donnie Darko – Donnie dies from the plane crash
- American Psycho – It’s all in his mind
- Citizen Kane – Rosebud is his sled
- 12 Monkeys – the entire movie is a delusion
- The Others – they’re all ghosts
- Friday the 13th – Jason’s mother is the killer
- Chinatown – Faye Dunaway’s sister is her daughter
- Unbreakable – Sam Jackson is the psycho killer
- The Village – actually happening in modern times
- Primal Fear – Ed Norton is “Roy”
- Identity – It’s all happening in one guy’s mind
- The Game – the whole thing really was the game
- Wild Things – eight billion twists and Kevin Bacon’s penis is one of them
- The Sting – the guys are alive
- The Crying Game – Dil is a man
- The Number 23 – Jim Carrey wrote the book that drives him crazy
- Life of David Gale – Kevin Spacey framed himself for a fake murder to protest the death penalty
- Remember Me – Robert Pattinson was killed on 9/11
- No Way Out – Kevin Costner is Russian spy