In this video, we go through all the reasons that high gas prices are actually a good thing. No really. They are. Sort of.
After a few weeks without episodes (entirely due to me being out of town and screwing up our schedule like some sort of Raquel Welch-esque diva) we’re back with new episodes of the 11 Points Countdown.
In this episode, I’m joined by podcasting superstar Colin Marshall to discuss the good things about high gas prices. Yes, they’re going down right now, but they’ll be back up again soon — at which point this episode will go from quasi-relevant to hugely relevant.
If you enjoy, or even if you don’t but you enjoy an angel getting its wings, please take a moment to subscribe to my 11 Points Countdown YouTube channel. Thank you, as always, for your support.
Here are the full results of the poll. The top 11 are in white to avoid spoilers, just highlight to view.
- Could force U.S. to rethink dependence on foreign oil
- Fewer SUVs
- Helps the environment
- Four-day workweeks or telecommuting options
- Less offensive hot-button political issue than birth control
- Less traffic
- Save money by drinking at home
- Will inspire people to vote, and therefore Puff Daddy will not kill them
- Less pressure to drive to your relatives’ events
- Makes you really make smart choices on who you date
- More money for Dubai to build crazy things
- Better for our health
- Might make Segways go mainstream
- Makes your hybrid cool
- You get better rewards for an airport pickup
- Causes 2.3% decrease in auto deaths
- Less money for Americans to blow
- People drive slower and therefore safer to save gas
- Fun 4th of July vacation in the backyard this year, kids
- Exxon-Mobil throws the best parties