The results of a poll on the ways people try to appear intelligent, from wearing glasses to talking opera.
I’ve got a new 11 Points Countdown episode today, posted a few hours later than usual but let’s blame that on… oh, I don’t know… health care?
This week’s topic is the 11 ways people try to appear that they’re smart. My co-host is making his first appearance on the show — his name is Danny Abrahms and he’s the creator of the web series Self Help.
If you like this video, please subscribe to the YouTube channel. You’ll get to see new episodes before anyone else and it will help a lot with the future of the show. Thank you!
Here are the full results of the poll (highlight the first 11 to avoid spoilers)…
- Using unnecessary big words
- Correcting other people’s grammar mistakes
- Wearing glasses
- Having highbrow books on your bookshelf you’ve never read
- Listening to NPR
- Exaggerating academic achievements
- Bragging about not owning a TV
- Staring at modern art as if they’re interpreting it
- Going to the opera
- Exaggerating their job status/role
- Chiming in on current events on social media
- Pretending to know a foreign language
- Criticizing religion
- Joining MENSA
- Bragging about wine knowledge
- Going to the symphony
- Researching famous quotes to drop in coversation
- Quick current events research before parties
- Smoking a pipe
- Pretending to hate popular movies