The 11 Points Countdown show returns from hiatus as we discuss the 11 things on the Internet that have taken over your life.
And we’re back!
After an extended hiatus, the 11 Points Countdown crew and I finally got coordinated and whipped up a whole new batch of our show. If you’ve never seen it before, on the 11 Points Countdown a guest host and I reveal the top 11 results of polls from this site and riff on the winners.
This week’s topic is the 11 biggest time wasters on the Internet. My co-host is Jordan Morris of the big podcast Jordan, Jesse, Go! and a writer for @Midnight on Comedy Central. Jordan guest hosted on the show once before, for our countdown of the 11 Worst ’90s Fads.
If you like this, please take a sec and subscribe to the show’s YouTube channel. You’ll get to see new episodes before anyone else and since the posting schedule can be a bit erratic, that can be a good thing.
Here are the full results of the poll (highlight the first 11 to avoid spoilers)…
- YouTube video spree
- Facebook stalking
- Searching endlessly for something to watch on Netflix
- Wikipedia rabbit hole
- Buzzfeed quizzes
- Political arguments in website comments
- Online dating
- Finding the right porn clip
- Self diagnosing your health problems
- Candy Crush and other Facebook games
- Trying to save a few dollars online shopping
- Fantasy sports research
- Trying to find one more thing to buy to get to Amazon free shipping
- Researching places on Yelp
- Booking airline tickets
- Trying to clear out your inbox
- Sporcle quizzes
- Rotten Tomatoes reviews
- TV Tropes
- TED talks
- Zillow searching your friends