We break down the best one-hit wonders from the ’90s, a decade that produced some of the best single hits of all time.
In this new episode of my web series, 11 Points Countdown, we’re doing 90s music. Which, increasingly, has become my favorite genre of music. The timing is extraordinarily coincidental since Chumbawamba just broke up.
I’m joined by Angie Greenup (who’s both a TV host and, because everyone thought it was strange we didn’t acknowledge it last time she co-hosted, also my girlfriend).
If you enjoy, or even if you just think it might help Lou Bega make another hit, please take a moment to subscribe to my 11 Points Countdown YouTube channel. Thank you, as always, for your support.
Here are the full results of the poll. The top 11 are in white to avoid spoilers, just highlight to view.
- Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Chumbawamba – Tubthumping
- Verve – Bitter Sweet Symphony
- Lou Bega – Mambo No. 5
- House of Pain – Jump Around
- Deep Blue Something – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Semisonic – Closing Time
- Haddaway – What is Love?
- Marcy Playground – Sex and Candy
- Los del Rio – Macarena
- Blind Melon – No Rain
- Natalie Imbruglia – Torn
- Biz Markie – Just a Friend
- Tag Team – Whoomp There It Is
- Rednex – Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Rembrandts – I’ll Be There For You
- Len – Steal My Sunshine
- Meredith Brooks – Bitch
- Harvey Danger – Flagpole Sitter
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart
- Divinyls – I Touch Myself
- Verve Pipe – The Freshmen
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Impression That I Get
- Cardigans – Lovefool
- Marc Cohn – Walking in Memphis
- Crash Test Dummies – Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
- OMC – How Bizarre
- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up
- Skee Lo – I Wish
- DJ Kool – Let Me Clear My Throat
- Joan Osbourne – One of Us
- Shawn Colvin – Sunny Came Home
- White Town – Your Woman
- Des’ree – You Gotta Be
- Ini Kamoze – Here Comes the Hotstepper
- Big Pun – Still Not a Player
- Freak Nasty – Da Dip
- B.G. – Bling Bling
- Paperboy – Ditty
- Tony Rich Project – Nobody Knows